Image

Image

The Weight Of Air












The Weight Of Air

Empty space
between molecules
infused with the words
of others’ lungs

The smell of me
all that was
and could’ve been
if I had attempted
to burn my name into the sun
and use my voice
as the purr of a lion
from deep within a cello
breathing light

Window plastic crinkling
in and out
looking at
an Acorn Manufacturing Co Inc
full of bushes, birds, and worlds

Living with
a boy who hears with his heart
a woman who speaks from behind a pen
a man with no stories to tell
nor dreams to fulfill
and a fading queen
the devil in white

I’ve always preferred
bleeding on dead trees
than carving in electric stones
and I discovered
the desire to write
and the ability to orgasm
were entwined

There I lay
drunk amidst the shards
of my self-inflicted
hostile jury
I am both the execution
and the pardon

So
look back
look back at me
a coffin floating down the road
after a storm

October 8, 2015
Tressa Lee Breen

Inspired by OctPoWriMo2015.

Cannot remember where I found image, used without permission, with no credit taken, no profit made and no offense intended.

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time not only to read but to write!